Two weeks in the sun…

Two weeks in the sun...

Two weeks in the sun.

In the Southeast of Spain, not too far from the gorgeous city of Alicante.

It’s a holiday we all look forward to. Way back in August (how long ago does that feel?), when we escaped to the Southeast of Spain. We spent just over two weeks together in the glorious sunshine. Cocooned in our little family bubble. Reconnected as a family, took a break from the pressures of everyday life, ignored routine, no homework for the boy or work for us and saw the days roll into one. Don’t you just love that feeling of not knowing which day it is?

And so, I guess you could say it’s that time, to pull out the holiday snaps and lose myself in the memories, the moments captured and the blue skies. The cold weather has arrived, the winter wardrobe has been unpacked and the dark mornings are back. At this time of year I always find myself wrapping up in a blanket with a hot cup of coffee and looking back. And let’s not forget booking a holiday. Anyone else?

I really should pop our holiday snaps into a little folder and print them off. I’m usually so good, have it all organised but with heading straight back into work and school I have been somewhat distracted. Day dreaming of our summer adventures in the South of Spain is just where I want to be right now.

There’s something to be said for taking a real break away from things isn’t there? Life is just so busy busy – the days roll into one but not like they do on holiday. Sometimes you just need to get away, and so that is why each year we’ll always break away for two weeks, a week just isn’t long enough and ten days leaves me longing for more¬†afternoon snoozes on the beach, jumping through waves, eating paella, watching the sunset and exploring old towns.

I am so glad that we switched off this year, having a digital detox¬†(near enough) and truly immersing yourself in quality family time. It’s what I live for. To spend time with the two people who make the tough days that little bit better. The long days at the office worthwhile. The cuddles, the love, the laughter, the memories.

I have so many more words to write and little things to share with you from our trip but for now here are a few of my favourite photos from our two weeks in the sun…

1. 27th September 2018 / 10:32 am

Looks fabulous KA, and gorgeous photos. A little bit of sun would be quite welcome right now! xx

Author
      27th September 2018 / 11:13 am

Aww thank you Gail that means a lot. I love capturing the moments. And thankfully we have blue skies this morning x

2. 27th September 2018 / 1:33 pm

What a fab holiday and gorgeous photos – I followed you on Insta and it looked amazing. WHAT a summer we all had x

Author
      28th September 2018 / 3:44 pm

Aww thank you lovely, we were so lucky with the weather x

3. 28th September 2018 / 10:14 am

Oh yes to looking back andit being so lovely too what a place. Mr P used to live in Alicante. I want to go so bad to see it. We always want to book our next holiday as soon as we can.

Author
      28th September 2018 / 3:39 pm

Aww I do love looking back. Oh yes I remember you saying. Its a beautiful City

4. 29th September 2018 / 9:34 pm

I love that you managed two weeks to completely switch off. I’ve realised this year (after only having had one pretty hectic week’s holiday!) that two weeks is needed. Neither of us properly switched off and now we are just aching for our half term break in Cornwall. Glad you had such a good family time together – your snaps looks idyllic. xx

Author
      2nd October 2018 / 7:17 am

I say completely but definitely still connected the the day job, not as much as previously though so I got that break I was looking for. And thank you lovely, I do love capturing the bright blue skies x

5. 30th September 2018 / 8:04 am

We’ve never, ever had a two week long holiday – even when we went to Florida it was only ten days. It sounds like your time in Spain was very well spent on all the important things in life like good food, family time, soaking up the sunshine and relaxing. Lovely photos – that one of the palm trees has me dreaming of an exotic break somewhere hot now that the cold weather has started here in England.

Author
      2nd October 2018 / 7:16 am

I really do think that they are a must especially for busy families as you need that down time, it takes me a few days to switch off x

6. 30th September 2018 / 5:24 pm

Such gorgeous photos KA it makes me long for sunny days on the beach all over again. I adored following your trip it was incredible you all looked like you had such a wonderful time x

Author
      2nd October 2018 / 7:15 am

Thank you lovely, it feels like so long ago with the rain this week x