A shopping trip, Afternoon Tea & My gorgeous boy…

What better way to spend a Sunday morning than a little shopping trip, followed by afternoon tea and a trip to the park in the bright sunshine with my boy? A super Sunday indeed. A little bit of everything we love, I do love weekends like that. Last weekend was so lovely and for the most part it is all thanks to the lovely team over at Debenhams who very kindly sent George and I off on an adventure in celebration of Mother’s Day. If you’re a regular reader of my blog you’ll know that with the exception of a family day these are three of my most favourite things – shopping, tea & cake and spending quality time with my boy. Who doesn’t? A pretty perfect way to spend a Sunday.

The lovely team over at Debenhams very kindly gifted me a shopping voucher which I really enjoyed spending – I’m such a cliche. I picked up some gorgeous treats just for me and very much enjoyed wandering through the departments of Debenhams especially when I stumbled across a sale on coats. And whilst I don’t really need another coat I just couldn’t resist this pink coat of dreams. I have been lusting after one for a few months – and as it was 70% off it would have been heartbreaking to leave it behind. You agree right? And so my shopping was off to a good start. As I made my way through the beauty section I picked up all the little bits that I wouldn’t usually, you know the ones – often on the list but either you buy a cheaper version or not at all. Isn’t that what Mother’s Day is all about? Giving a gift that someone wouldn’t ordinarily buy for themselves. I picked up some hand and foot cream from L’occitane one of my favourite brands and lets not forget the sun glasses which came in handy for the sunshine that followed. And lastly I picked up my all time favourite beauty product, Benefit’s Boi-ing. The marine of under eye concealer.

Here’s a little snoop…

As someone who loves Afternoon Tea – especially at Patisserie Valerie I really do think this Buyagift is the perfect gift for Mother’s Day or treat for Nanny. That was George’s idea and what a great one! The cakes at Patisserie Valerie are something else, have you been? I would be overjoyed if the boys treated me to afternoon tea – who doesn’t love tea & cake and cucumber sandwiches? Always in the loveliest of settings too with great decor and gorgeous crockery, it felt like we were sat in a coffee shop in Paris. We really enjoyed sitting down to some food treats after wandering around the store. George very much enjoyed the cake, it’s safe to say he didn’t leave any for me! Thankfully he isn’t a huge fan of clotted cream and jam and so I may have eaten most of those! I feel so passionate about spending time with George, he seems to be growing up so quickly and to spend just a few hours with him all to myself always makes me smile. Thank you Debenhams for the treat.

I have added this post to Colette’s #TriedTested over on her blog We’re Going On An Adventure.

* I worked in collaboration with Debenhams – All thoughts are my own and I can honestly say that we had a wonderful time.

1. 27th February 2018 / 8:43 pm

So that’s why you were in Debenhams picking up that gorgeous pink coat! I was treated to the same from the Debenhams team, although I took my mum, rather than one of my two. It was so lovely to spend a few hours chatting over delicious treats and be able to buy myself something nice at the end of it. x

Author
      1st March 2018 / 9:08 am

Yes the coat was part of the treat. I couldn’t not take George, he loves tea and cake as much as I do!

Author
      1st March 2018 / 9:08 am

Oh I do love Benefit, it’s like buying from a sweet shop!

2. 28th February 2018 / 8:06 pm

I have never been to Patisserie Valerie but your afternoon tea looks os lovely and I do love an afternoon tea, I love the coat and I adore having a mooch around Debenhams you cant fail to get something lovely on a trip x

Author
      1st March 2018 / 9:04 am

Oh you haven’t you must visit the one in Manchester even if just for takeaway. Its so good x

3. 1st March 2018 / 9:55 am

Oh I love it here and looks amazing. I am still wanting this coat may have to get it for next year just in case. hahahah Come style me after baby is born we could do a huge wardrobe shopping haul together 🙂

4. 1st March 2018 / 2:28 pm

70%!! It would have been rude not to – and what a gorgeous colour.
    I do love a good afternoon tea – I’m not sure my kids have ever had one though!
    Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

Author
      7th March 2018 / 4:50 pm

Thank you Chloe, it was lovely to work with them

5. 5th March 2018 / 6:02 pm

Oh my gosh, the afternoon tea looks incredible – all those cakes just for two of you! And the coat…no more needs to be said, I’m swooning over here. Look at your boy in his cool shades too 😉 xx

Author
      7th March 2018 / 4:48 pm

It was a really yummy treat. I really enjoyed the cucumber sandwiches x

6. 6th March 2018 / 1:24 pm

What a gorgeous and well deserved treat! You cannot beat a shopping trip and afternoon tea xx

Author
      7th March 2018 / 4:46 pm

Thank you Morgana, we both enjoyed it

7. 6th March 2018 / 2:33 pm

What a gorgeous, dreamy post!! That pink coat is stunning and your afternoon tea has made me feel very hungry! Sounds like you had a lovely morning shopping for yourself, which is always the best kind of shopping ; )

Author
      7th March 2018 / 4:45 pm

Aww thank you Heledd, it was a lovely day that’s for sure x