Birthday surprises, New trainers & Blue skies #littleloves

Well hello Friday, and where did that week go? In all seriousness it flew by didn’t it! Last weekend was practically perfect in every way – a true blend of lazy starts, a bit of me time, time spent with my boys and unexpected birthday celebrations with my friend. My good friend Rebecca and her boys met me on Saturday for my birthday meal which was just the loveliest of surprises. We drank cocktails and ate scrumptious food. After the meal we went back to their house and made cocktails whilst the boys played board games and as we only live a few doors away we stumbled home after a few drinks.

We woke on Sunday to the most gorgeous of blue skies and so we wrapped up in our winter woollies and took a stroll around Trentham Gardens, we drank hot chocolate and enjoyed the sunshine on our faces. It was a really beautiful day, the perfect winters day weather only made better by enjoying the last of the Christmas chocolate before shutting them away. We are all enjoying a bit of a post Christmas cleanse now for sure.

And so, grab a cuppa and a healthy snack – friends support each other right? And enjoy this week’s little loves…

I read a letter from a young girl Holly Butcher who passed on 4th January which was actually my birthday. I’m not going to say much more as it really should be read by as many people as possible but here is a small quote…

“I haven’t started this ‘note before I die’ so that death is feared – I like the fact that we are mostly ignorant to it’s inevitability….. I just want people to stop worrying so much about the small, meaningless stresses in life and try to remember that we all have the same fate after it all so do what you can to make your time feel worthy and great, minus the bullshit.”

I have signed up to become a blood donor and have my first appointment in February.

What can I say. We binge watched Stranger Things, completely up to date, what a great series – I’m still shocked to have said that out loud but it really was. I got so drawn in to the characters, their relationships and how the story was developing. As much as I dislike Sci-Fi I really enjoyed watching it in the end. We have also started to watch a new series – Hard Sun which was produced by the same people who made Luther. Just like Luther it is gripping and dark and quite frightening in some places.

I have been listening to the new Justin Timberlake song on repeat, Have you heard it? After having it on repeat for a few days I can’t stop hitting the play button. Aside from music I have heard from George’s swimming tutor that he has passed his level 5 Octopus Swimming Award which he has really worked hard to achieve these past few months. And, as I walked through the door one evening my gorgeous boy came running to me, he couldn’t wait to tell me that he had received a certificate from his Head Teacher for excellent reading. I am, I should say we are beyond proud of him.

Mr H has been wracking his brain for recipes he can make on the hob as we’re still cooker-less or should I say we cannot use the oven. He made Joe Wicks Singapore Noodles on Wednesday and oh my goodness they were so tasty. George enjoyed tasting them too, they were maybe a little spicy for him but he certainly enjoyed trying them. In other news our new cooker arrives on Friday, I cannot wait. And lastly, I received some birthday money so I made a little purchase from Charlotte Tilbury, I was gifted some make up a few months ago and after using the foundation and mascara I think I am forever converted.

A big cosy knit for my birthday meal on Saturday. I picked this one up in the Zara sale and I am so glad that I did, I really do love the colour and thank goodness the parcel arrived in time for the weekend. I couldn’t write this section without mentioning this check coat, another treat in the Zara sale and oh my goodness again am I glad I did. All the heart eyes for this coat. I love how it transfers so well between a more formal look and then my new love, the trainer. I’ve written a little post about them if you fancy a read. In other fashion news, I have added a new feature to my blog, a shop my style loves page – all my favourite bits whether fashion, home or beauty are there for you to browse. I hope you like it.

We have no real plans in the diary for this weekend. Lots of family time, fingers crossed the sunshine comes out. Have a great weekend little loves crew. And for those new here I have added this post to Morgana’s #LittleLoves over on her blog Coffee, Work, Sleep, Repeat.

1. chantelle hazelden
    12th January 2018 / 8:14 am

Can’t beat a big cosy knit, love love love Stranger Things! That letter was a hard read wasn’t it. #littleloves

14th January 2018 / 6:39 pm

It was a tough letter but such sound advice. Stranger Things was a surprise for sure

2. 12th January 2018 / 11:16 am

Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you have had a lovely week.. Love your cosy knit jumper K-A and your coat is beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend..

14th January 2018 / 6:39 pm

Thanks so much! Two new favourites in my wardrobe for sure.

3. 12th January 2018 / 11:18 am

Oh so glad you got pampered and some lovely treats for your birthday. We didn’t do pressies this year with us going to Disney but I missed the surprise of opening them hahaha Love the jacket and that green bag for you hunny. I can’t pull of hunter green but I do think it looks ace on you. You could pull of anything. What a wonderful and happy week. Enjoy your weekend ahead. #littleloves

14th January 2018 / 7:16 pm

The boys looked after me for sure x

4. 12th January 2018 / 3:57 pm

Holly Butcher resumes pretty much what we should all stop and reflect from time to time. It’s a lovely reminder to be present and mindful about our lives and those close to us… Nice to read you enjoyed Stranger Things after all! Congratulations to George for his achievements, his parents should certainly be proud! Enjoy your slow weekend x

14th January 2018 / 7:17 pm

So true, I’m guilty of stressing about the little stuff when really it is insignificant. I was surprised to enjoy stranger things! And thank you I shall pass that on to George x

5. Gail
    12th January 2018 / 4:52 pm

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday KA, oh I loved Stranger Things so much too Xx

14th January 2018 / 7:19 pm

I did thank you, the boys looked after me for sure

6. 12th January 2018 / 8:54 pm

We’ve had so many not-kid-friendly shows on the list for months but just don’t have time to watch them – so my boyfriend watched all of Stranger Things without me! I feel so betrayed.

14th January 2018 / 7:20 pm

Oh how rude, very naughty of him!

7. 13th January 2018 / 8:50 am

Sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend and those impromptu drinks with friends are always the best! I read that letter too and it had me in floods of tears-just wow! Love the green knit, such a gorgeous colour and those Singapore noodles look scrummy. LB has just started trying spicy food but can only do it with a glass of milk! George was being very brave in your stories ☺️ X

14th January 2018 / 7:48 pm

I was spoilt by my boys and friends for sure. He loves trying new food especially when it’s meant to be our food. x

8. 13th January 2018 / 6:12 pm

Ive not watched the second series yet. If I am honest the first freaked me out a bit but I feel like I need to watch the second! Loving the green colour of your knit will have to pop over to your new section to see where its from x #LittleLoves

14th January 2018 / 7:49 pm

I was a little but I am glad I made it to the end! I seem to be very drawn to this colour at the minute x

9. 13th January 2018 / 10:14 pm

Love that green knit! I read Holly’s letter too and it had me in floods of tears, everyone should definitely read it x #LittleLoves

14th January 2018 / 7:50 pm

It was such an emotional post for sure

10. 14th January 2018 / 12:39 pm

That green Cardi is amazing on you.

Hope the oven is now sorted, i know there was some problems.

Hope you enjoying your weekend my lovely xx

16th January 2018 / 4:56 pm

Thank you love. We do have a new oven which is working and looking beautiful. I hope you’re having a great week x

11. 16th January 2018 / 2:14 pm

Happy Birthday lovely lady. Sound like a perfect weekend. I am a little obsessed with Stranger things – I’m half way through the second series!! Hope you’re having a great week #littleloves

16th January 2018 / 4:30 pm

Thanks so much. We had a lovely weekend thank you. Ooh keep going, its great

12. 17th January 2018 / 10:49 am

Love the sound of your weekend, I could do with one like that. Here’s hoping for some sunny, dry weather this weekend too.
    Oh Stranger Things, it’s fantastic! I’ve not started Hard Sun, I’ll have to look it up.
    Hope you’re enjoying this week x

17th January 2018 / 1:31 pm

Aww thank you lovely, it was super. I have my fingers crossed the weatherman plays ball. You’ll love Hard Sun for sure x