A new year, back to work and school & birthday celebrations #LittleLoves

What a busy week, the return to work, school and routine really has kicked in and hopefully by Monday we might all be ready for it. Having to set the alarm for 6am has been a bit of a killer for sure and despite feeling so tired by 3pm we have all managed it but oh my goodness I think we are all looking forward to taking things a little slowly at the weekend. I think my birthday on Thursday certainly distracted us all – or maybe that was just the cake! Right now I am looking to relive the scene above for the majority of Saturday and Sunday morning.

And so here is a very picture heavy week of little loves for you to cosy up with…

This weekend I will be making a dent in reading this book, Mr H gave me this as part of my Christmas gifts. I even watched You Before Me on New Years Day, oh my goodness I forgot just how truly heart breaking and emotional that movie is.

Since the New Year we have been watching Stranger Things. I’m sure I have seen a couple of you mention it here – if truth be told I’m not sure what I think of it just yet, I say just yet but we are actually at the beginning of series two. It really is well lets just say a little strange, ironic hey. We’ll keep going for now, I’m not sure how I really feel about Sci-Fi. We also went to the cinema to see Jumanji – oh how we laughed. Such a great movie, although if I do think I prefer the original movie. Have you seen it?

My gorgeous boy and then the girls in the office singing happy birthday to me on Thursday. After having a tough Christmas it really was quite unexpected to have enjoyed my birthday as much as I did. One of the girls also emailed our local radio station and had me on their too, a little embarrassing to say the least but very funny. I really needed the lift and just reading the cards that my friend and gorgeous boy sent me have done just that.

No dinner plans. Since the fire we are struggling to use our kitchen so much so that we have been eating out. I am really missing some home cooked food and trying my best to eat less of the naughty stuff that’s for sure. We are starting to make plans for our holidays this year and already have our annual leave booked so now I guess its time to decide where to go – this year we are hoping to get some sun during the October half-term, I would love to know your recommendations of where to go at that time of year?

I have so much to share with you here this week. Mr H surprised me with a breakfast date and then drinks on our wedding anniversary so I took the opportunity to wear another pair of trainers that arrived as an early birthday present. I say early but really I just couldn’t wait until my birthday. I saw this pinafore dress over on Fashion Blogger Alice Catherine‘s IG page and I couldn’t resist picking it up from Topshop and wearing it for cocktails. I seem to have fallen in love with my green trench coat over the break and in all honesty it seem to be all I have worn. Thankfully I saw another one in the Zara sale which arrived on Thursday which is a check print and I’m hoping to mix it up a bit in the coming weeks so hopefully there will be something different to share with you.

What can I say about this weekend, at the moment it is looking really quiet. After returning to work I am really looking forward to lazy mornings – it was tough seeing 6am again after enjoying lazy mornings for so long. Have a great weekend little loves crew.

I have added this post to Morgana’s #LittleLoves over on her blog Coffee, Work, Sleep, Repeat.

1. chantelle hazelden
    5th January 2018 / 8:19 am

Love a good pinafore dress, I’ve been eyeing up a couple in Primark recently. You’ll have to read Still Me when you’ve finished After You, such a good series! Hope you had a fantastic birthday. Happy new year.

Author
      5th January 2018 / 10:59 am

Its a cute one as not too structured at all. Ooh yes I’ll add that book to the list. Lovely birthday thank you x

2. 5th January 2018 / 9:42 am

Happy birthday, nice to read you got spoilt on the big day. The early mornings have been tough this week we’re all tired here too. I’m really looking to book 3 of Jojo Moyes I think it’s out early this year. Lovely fashion shots as usual and the cocktail photo looks so sophisticated. Happy new year x

Author
      5th January 2018 / 10:41 am

Aww thank you love, it was lovely to get all the treats. I haven’t read any of her books before so really looking forward to getting into this one x

3. 5th January 2018 / 9:42 pm

Happy Birthday! I love that book, I don’t think you will be disappointed. She is a brilliant author! Love those trainers, seeing you and Morgana post photos of trainers is making me want them all x

Author
      7th January 2018 / 10:34 pm

Thanks so much! I am so glad to have had two pairs, I rarely wear heels so really I should have been wearing them years ago

4. 5th January 2018 / 11:03 pm

Happy Birthday! I’ve read after you but didn’t enjoy it as much as me before you I’ve actually seen the 3rd one is out this month. I’ve not watched stranger things as wasn’t sure if it would be my cup if tea will definitely have to watch at least one episode and see. #LittleLoves

Author
      7th January 2018 / 10:28 pm

Thanks so much. In all honesty I think you have to watch so much more than a couple of episodes, I feel very connected to the characters now as we are just starting series 2

5. 6th January 2018 / 4:24 pm

So glad you enjoyed your birthday so much KA and you got some lovely presents from your boys. It’s tough getting back to normal isn’t it, I have just taken our tree down and the house feels a little sad without all the twinkly lights. Hope you have a lovely relaxed weekend x

Author
      7th January 2018 / 10:26 pm

Thanks love. They really did spoil me for sure. The little things mean so much more. I do miss the twinkly lights.

6. 6th January 2018 / 5:04 pm

Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday and well deserved after the fire putting a bit of a downer on the festive season. I loved ‘After You’ I know it had mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it following on. Love your trench coat xx

Author
      7th January 2018 / 10:26 pm

I did indeed and thanks so much. I need to get stuck in don’t I, for sure although I struggle to always read week days x

7. 6th January 2018 / 5:21 pm

Happy birthday sweetie. I am the world’s worse friend with my own bday and Mr P this week I just wasn’t online and missed it was yours. I hope it was magnificent you definitely look the hot mama celebrating in style. Love your fashion shots girl. Sounds like you got some lovely pressies too. Happy New Year. Look forward to another year reading your wonderful blog. #littleloves

Author
      7th January 2018 / 10:25 pm

Thanks so much. I was very lucky given everything that has happened this Christmas

8. 6th January 2018 / 6:41 pm

Happy birthday for Thursday! Glad you managed to get out for your anniversary in the end. I love Me Before You, even the moody teen cried along with me. I just pre-ordered the next book! Have a fab weekend x

Author
      7th January 2018 / 10:24 pm

Aww thank you. We did and it was a super fun night, I can’t wait to get into it fully x

9. 8th January 2018 / 1:50 pm

Sounds like a lovely birthday. I’ve still not read any of the Jojo Moyes books even though I keep meaning to.

Author
      10th January 2018 / 2:22 pm

I did have a lovely time thank you x

10. 8th January 2018 / 9:46 pm

Hope you enjoyed the Jojo Moyes book. I find Louisa such a likeable character.
    Took me awhile to get into Stranger Things but I really enoyed season 1. Can’t quite work out where they are going to take it in season 2 though. Guess I’ll find out!

Author
      10th January 2018 / 2:16 pm

Thank you Joanna, we have just finished season 2 and really loved how it ended

11. 9th January 2018 / 12:22 pm

Who can resist a Zara sale? I would be surprised to know! I love the new check print coat you picked up..
    I loved Stranger Things even though I’m not a fan of sci-fi.. I love the series mainly because of the friendships and relationships between the characters.. The kids are so so so cute! Have a good week at work and at home x

Author
      10th January 2018 / 10:34 am

Exactly love, who? The check coat was such a good buy. They’ve reduced so much more now too. You’re right about Stranger Things, great and the friendships are what kept me going until the end x