A trip to the seaside, beach walks & the cosy knit of dreams #LittleLoves

Oh my goodness, how are we in the middle of November? I always enjoy the last few weeks of the year, the run up to the festive season, the preparations and planning for the year ahead, the cosy Sunday afternoons curled up on the sofa. Last week was really tough whereas this week has been a little easier, made all the better by a lovely stay over in Lytham. I’ve never been more thankful for the opportunities this blog offers our little family than I was last weekend. We really are very lucky. We picked such a great weekend for weather which meant we could enjoy stomping around Lytham St Anne’s and a little trip over to Blackpool to utilise our Merlin Passes. Don’t you think it is starting to feel a lot like Christmas? I don’t know if it’s the weather or the fact that December is fast approaching or because we are head to toe in preparations for our trip to Disney. Either way how blooming exciting.

And so, as I say each week grab yourself a cuppa or in my case an eggnog latte (tis the season) and join me in this weeks little loves (I must warn you it is mostly about our trip to Lytham #sorrynotsorry)…

Urm the festive drinks menu at Starbucks, they call them cups of merry – how cute is that? But they really are. The takeaway menu on Friday evening, the breakfast menu at my favourite cafe in Lytham, the festive guide for our trip to Disney in a few weeks – you’ll have to stick with me on the Disney and Christmas chatter guys. I feel all giddy at the moment. Lets get back to the breakfast menu – oh my goodness if you are ever in Lytham then eating at The Lytham Kitchen is a must. Mr H had scrambled eggs and salmon and I had my favourite; french toast, bacon and syrup. Calorific and certainly not on any diet plan but oh my goodness tasty doesn’t quite cover it.

All of the Christmas movies are making an appearance for our little family, I have been holding off but couldn’t resist this weekend – we started with A Christmas Carol, The Nightmare Before Christmas before moving on to The Grinch. What else? We’re actually looking for a new series to watch – any recommendations little loves crew?

I haven’t heard this one in a little while so when it found its way on to my Spotify playlist on the way to Lytham I thought I’d keep a note of it and share it with you. Alcazar, Crying at the discoteque. Had me toe tapping for sure.

Some BIG plans to change the look and feel of my blog. I’ve been thinking about it for a little now and finally made the decision this week. I’m all about the aesthetics and at the minute it just isn’t making me smile as much as it used to. I think a change is as good as a rest – thank the lord for a good friend who is technical and finds it therapeutic fiddling with this type of thing. I’m really looking forward to all the changes, and excited to share them with you in December.

I also made a short film of our stay in lovely Lytham. I think it sums up our weekend nicely. I’m really enjoying making little videos, its something a little different to look back on and definitely fills my mummy hearts with the little moments often missed on camera.

It was all about this cosy knit, a pink coat and a bobble hat to match at the beach on Sunday, and oh my goodness it gave me all the cosy feels. I’m afraid to say that I can’t add a link to the jumper for you as it has gone form the website but it is still in the shop. There is a Next opposite my office so when I popped in a couple of weeks ago and was presented with this gorgeous roll neck I couldn’t help myself. Can you believe I didn’t have a cream roll neck in my wardrobe? Laughs out loud, Mr H doesn’t laugh at me. I didn’t think any of my darker jumpers went with the pink coat so of course I had to sneak in a new one. I LOVE it so so much, it is just the right amount of cosy and the neck isn’t too tight.

We are off to Disney on Ice this weekend. George doesn’t realise but this is the start of the build up for our trip. I’m so excited to see his face, Nanny is coming along too as she is desperate to see the show – it is actually a press trip so I will be sharing a little review shortly afterwards so do look out for it. The show is in Sheffield at the moment and then returns to London late December to end the cycle. Have you ever seen a Disney on Ice show? I don’t know about George but I am so excited to see it. Do you think it would be ok to wear my new Minnie backpack and hat?

Have a great weekend little loves crew and thank you for all your kind words last week, thankfully our trip to the seaside helped to reset a few things. I have added this post to Morgana’s #littleloves over at her blog Coffee, Work, Sleep, Repeat.

1. 17th November 2017 / 7:34 am

I wear Disney clothes all the time so I defo think it’s acceptable lol. Ohhh the blog changes sound exciting. We’ve also been watching lots of Christmas movies lately x #littleloves

17th November 2017 / 10:45 am

That’s good to hear. I am definitely wearing them when we go to Disney. x

2. 17th November 2017 / 12:21 pm

Aw I love your little video KA, you can’t beat Lytham to blow the cobwebs away can you. Those breakfasts look amazing, and I think the Blackpool sealife centre is one of my favourite ones. Eek Disney is going to be so amazing at Christmas time #littleloves x

19th November 2017 / 5:08 pm

Thanks so much Tracey, and for watching! We really do enjoy a good breakfast x

3. 18th November 2017 / 11:40 am

Your trip away sounds lovely KA, and your trip to Disney sounds very exciting too! 🙂 The cosy knit looks fab on you, much needed now with the weather turning cold xx

19th November 2017 / 5:08 pm

Oh it really was Gail, just what we needed. And yes we are beyond excited for Disney, even without George knowing!

4. 19th November 2017 / 11:55 am

Love that pic of the three of you. Lytham looks like such a lovely place, between there and Trentham Gardens, I know where I’ll be visiting if I ever make it up north. Have fun at Disney on Ice x

19th November 2017 / 5:03 pm

Aww thank you, I loved taking our photos on the beach for this month’s #meandmineproject. You certainly wouldn’t be disappointed whether at Lytham or Trentham. x

5. 19th November 2017 / 2:23 pm

Your pictures are truly magnificent, Kerry-Ann. Spending the chilly days on the seaside seems like lots of fun. Thanks for sharing!

19th November 2017 / 5:00 pm

6. 19th November 2017 / 5:52 pm

Aw sounds like the most wonderful weekend and such lovely photos,I love Disney on Ice its so great I hope you had the best time. xx

21st November 2017 / 7:32 am

It really was such a lovely break, so thankful the sun shone for us. x

7. 19th November 2017 / 8:28 pm

I know how much you love Lytham St Annes, so what a wonderful opportunity for you and the family. I really, really love that Next jumper – so much so, I’m tempted to invest. Also, excited to see your new design. I think we both had the same theme originally (Isabelle?) so I definitely know what you mean x

21st November 2017 / 7:29 am

We do indeed love this part of the country. Oh did we? Yeah I am really looking forward to adding more of me to the site x

8. 20th November 2017 / 11:47 am

Oh I do love a trip to Lytham. I think I might look up a nice cafe to work at and head over one day this week.
    I’m excited to see what you come up with for your new look. I’m currently working on my new theme and cannot wait to get it finished and up. xx

21st November 2017 / 7:28 am

You’d love the Lytham Kitchen, lovely view out and peaceful on the top floor! Oh you are? Seems a few are. Completely new theme and hopefully lots of the bits I love included x

9. 23rd November 2017 / 9:22 pm

That beach outfit looks perfect – you look so cosy!! Love the colour on you too, it looks like you had a great time x

23rd November 2017 / 9:34 pm

It was super cosy. I think pink has always been my colour x