Snapshots & Scenes from our little family holiday

And just like that the summer is over. As I write my Snapshots & Scenes post (a few hours late due to being on holiday) I am in the middle of enjoying the last few hours with my gorgeous boy before he walks into the school gates on Tuesday as a Year Two student. I have piles of washing, clothes drying all over the house, a school uniform to organise, a book bag and water bottle to find from that very safe place I popped them in some six weeks ago – the list goes on. As cliché as it sounds I can’t quite believe that just a few week’s ago he was completing Year One.

All is well, we have had the most wonderful family holiday, escaping for two weeks made me apprehensive at first but I am so glad that we took the decision to extend our time away. Where has that time gone though, again two weeks just flew and as we walked down the steps with our suitcases in hand Mr H and I looked at George and both said in sync, he’s grown so much since we have been here. It really has zoomed by and another reason why I am so glad that I am capturing our adventures each month in a short film as well as photos.

I am amazed by how a few seconds here and there when brought together make something so magical. I took the opportunity to film this months short film in Spain. I thought it would be a lovely way to remember our holiday and I am so glad that I did, as the grey skies and rain really did hit us hard as we returned to the UK late Sunday. George and Mr H helped with a few scenes this month, can you tell which ones?

And so, grab a cuppa and join us on our little family adventures from the month of August through a few photo’s and a short film…

And a few of my favourite photo’s from the summer holidays…

And just in case you were wondering, Snapshots & Scenes is a new monthly project that I am taking part in – along with a group of lovely bloggers. We have set up this little project to focus on telling a story through a short film centred around family life – whether it is a day in the life, a holiday, a special moment, a day out or even just home life – interpret it as you like.

We would love to see what you are sharing this month, and do make sure you pop by my co hosts – Hayley, JennyAmber, Sara-Jayne, Maria, Mel & Chloe – and don’t forget to link up your own Snapshots & Scenes below with a little link back to where you found it.

Loading InLinkz ...

1. 4th September 2017 / 5:23 pm

Beautiful! That water park looks fun, my older two would love that!!
    Gorgeous pictures too. I especially love the palm trees and both sunglasses shots!
    Thanks for having me along, I hope to join in regularly

8th September 2017 / 7:32 pm

Thank you Leslie. The water park was great fun indeed. The palm trees are a favourite here too.

2. 4th September 2017 / 6:20 pm

Looks like a superb family holiday and much needed break! Family holidays are so important to get away and have fun. Jess xx

8th September 2017 / 6:47 pm

We had such a great time Jess, we definitely needed the time to break away x

3. 5th September 2017 / 10:33 am

Oh hunny your vacation looks absolutely amazing. I love your holiday photos. I want to go there now looks magnificent and the beach so lovely. That’s the only thing we are in the mountains and rivers and lakes but I do miss a good white sand beach for holidays.

8th September 2017 / 6:45 pm

Thank you sweetie we had such a great time. The beaches were beautiful, we love seeking out little ones of mystery with beautiful views. x

4. 5th September 2017 / 10:33 am

It looks like you have had the best break – much deserved too!!
    Gorgeous pictures, you have such an eye for captures xx

8th September 2017 / 6:43 pm

Thank you so much lovely, I love to disappear with my camera and capture the moments we don’t always see or will remember. We had such a great time x

5. 7th September 2017 / 4:02 pm

I’ve loved following your holiday on Instagram and this little video makes it look even more fun 🙂 Love the photo of the palm trees at sunset too!

8th September 2017 / 6:40 pm

Aww thank you honey, I could have shared so much but worried it was spam. The sunset was always my favourite

6. 8th September 2017 / 6:22 pm

I know I already commented came back for your beautiful video LOVED IT!

8th September 2017 / 6:37 pm

Aww thank you honey, I loved our little montage of the holiday x

7. 8th September 2017 / 8:17 pm

Stunning video lovely, you’ve really captured the essence of a family Summer holiday! And dreamy photos too, loving your son’s sunglasses 😀 xx

11th September 2017 / 1:29 pm

He loves his sunglasses and hats, wouldn’t be without them. Oh I do miss the summer x

8. 9th September 2017 / 2:47 pm

Gorgeous pictures K-A! So beautiful. I am trying my best and have linked up this month! Love the idea of this linky..

11th September 2017 / 1:30 pm

Thank you honey. Great to have you join in. I do love a new project and really enjoying video x

9. 11th September 2017 / 11:16 am

We were also in Spain for two weeks so your video feels quite familiar to me, hehe. Can’t believe I have a child in Year Two either, that time has just flown.

11th September 2017 / 1:31 pm

Its crazy isn’t it, time certainly is flying by. Yes I remember seeing your IG photos x

10. 12th September 2017 / 11:31 am

That first picture with the ice cream is so cool! I love the sunglasses. Spain looks so beautiful. That pool is stunning. It looks like you had such a gorgeous time. I can’t believe its September already. Where did the summer go?

12th September 2017 / 1:53 pm

I do love the ice cream photo too, definitely one to be printed for sure!

13th September 2017 / 12:34 pm

Aww that’s lovely of you to say x

11. 5th October 2017 / 12:05 pm

The photo of the 3 of you on the beach is absolutely gorgeous!! And where do you get G’s sunglasses? He looks so cool! It would be great to try and organise a little playdate with Crevette. I’m pretty sure our boys would get on like a house on fire!