Snapshots & Scenes {June}

Oh happy day. After a long and dreary weather filled week this weekend couldn’t have been more perfect. I was dreaming of a weekend with my boys, uninterrupted family time where our only concern was who made breakfast and where our next adventure would lead us. With the exception of Saturday morning the sun shone all weekend long, and despite leaving Mr H behind for the most part of the weekend to revise for his forthcoming exam we really did have a blooming lovely two days. A lovely blend of lazy mornings, time spent with my boy exploring in the day time and family time in the evening.

For the third year running we set off to our local pick your own fruit farm on Sunday morning – dreaming of making up a little eat n mess dessert we were off in search of tasty fruit to enjoy with Mr H. And let’s not forget a little pot for Nanny & Grandad to enjoy too. I hadn’t realised but we were quite late in picking strawberries but we were lucky enough to be treated to raspberries and blackberries too. The perfect combination for a summers night treat.

Grab a cuppa and join us on our little family adventure from the weekend through a few photo’s and my first short film. I’m so nervous to share this film with you – I do hope you like it…

Trentham Gardens has become such an important part of our days out, integral to our little family adventures. If you have never been before, think along the lines of a National Trust site on your doorstep with an equal balance of fun for the littles with pretty flowers and a lovely walk around the lake for the grown ups. Even after 5 years of visiting sometimes weekly we never leave disappointed and always come away with a camera roll of memories. What’s more perfect than rolling down hills, playing a game of rounder’s and escaping through the secret garden.

And so, here is our first short film from our sun filled day out on Sunday…

And just in case you were wondering, Snapshots & Scenes is a new monthly project that I am taking part in – along with a group of lovely bloggers. We have set up this little project to focus on telling a story through short film and photos centred around family life – whether it is a day in the life, a special moment, a day out or even just home life – interpret it as you like.

We would love to see what you are sharing this month, and do make sure you pop by my cohosts – Hayley, JennyAmber, Sara-Jayne, Maria, Mel & Chloe – and don’t forget to link up your own Snapshots & Scenes below with a little link back to where you found it.

Loading InLinkz ...

1. 3rd July 2017 / 6:56 am

Oh my goodness KA you are a video start if that’s your very first one ever. It was amazing!! Your creativity and angles are fab. I need to learn from you. I can’t edit worth toffee at the moment. This is truly great and I can’t wait to see how you progress and what videos you do each month. So excited for this new project.

3rd July 2017 / 8:02 pm

Aww thank you lovely, I think its ok, although looks cleared on my phone than once I have uploaded it to YouTube. Might need to look at how I am uploading. x

2. 3rd July 2017 / 7:31 am

Taking my boys to a pick your own place has been on my summer list for years – still haven’t got to one yet but this has inspired me! Such a lovely video, I especially liked the bit at the end of you walking away together. Also, love your skirt!

3rd July 2017 / 7:55 pm

Oh you must, its such a lovely little adventure. Much busier this year I have to say. That’s my favourite part to, I’m so glad I let that bit play for a little longer, G loved adding his own little bit of magic in there too x

3rd July 2017 / 7:54 pm

Thanks so much lovely, hoping to video more as my confidence grows x

3. 3rd July 2017 / 8:57 am

Amazing-no idea why you were nervous. Perfect little insight to your day out. I’ve never tried videos as wouldn’t know where to start (and would be very nervous like you) but maybe i should push myself out of my comfort zone. Love the photo of George lying on the grass x

3rd July 2017 / 7:53 pm

Aww you are a sweetheart, thank you for watching. I do hope you pluck up the courage to film too. He was so chilled in that photo, really made me smile x

4. 3rd July 2017 / 12:08 pm

Loved watching your video. We went strawberry picking on Saturday and filmed it too. The weather has been amazing again. Lovely photos x

3rd July 2017 / 7:52 pm

Thank you so much for watching lovely. Oh did you, you must share it with us. I have loved the sun shining again x

5. 4th July 2017 / 12:10 am

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, Kerri-Ann, and that PYO farm is nothing like ours! Ours is basically just a field hahaha! This one is Instagram-worthy. It would be perfect for a blogger meet-up with kids 🙂 I loved your video too: beautifully filmed and edited! I have so so much to learn!