Holidays, listening to Calvin Harris and binge watching Game of Thrones #LittleLoves

A long week, an emotional week, a great week, a beautiful week of weather – except for Thursday morning that is. Today, Friday that is – our gorgeous boys last day of school, his last in Year 1. I’m still a little shocked as to how quickly this year has passed us by. It has been a great school year for our boy, his teachers are so proud of him as are we. We are all looking forward to the summer holidays, our boy is looking forward to playing with his toys, friends and going to sports club – whilst Mr H and I are counting down the days until we board the plane to Spain. 30 days and counting.

I would like to say that I have read but I have not. I do hope to find the time to read soon, for now I am occupied with other things which have so much more importance.

We are continuing to binge watch Game of Thrones right from the beginning, its a little strange watching it from the beginning whilst watching the current season – there is so much that you forget. The opening scene of the new season was fantastic. If you thought the red wedding was shocking then oh my goodness what a shocker. I love the House of Stark so much – the girls are so strong and despite being so young play fantastic parts. And what about Ed Sheeran, really? It just wasn’t necessary was it, I LOVE him but seriously in GoT – no thanks, ruined that scene for me which if truth be told wasn’t required in the movie.

This week I stumbled across the latest Calvin Harris song Feels featuring Pharrell Williams, Big Sean and Katy Perry. A little surprised when I realised it was Katy Perry, I’m not a huge fan of hers but I do love Pharrell.

I made a batch of rocky road for George to give to his teachers to enjoy in the staff room on Friday. We made them last year and then were very much enjoyed, I think everyone needs a little chocolate fix on the last day of term.

This week I have been trying on and sorting all of my holiday clothes. I think this year will be all about the dresses, costumes and denim shorts. And my suitcase never looked so pretty with these gorgeous Hamamas towels, the one thing that always frustrates me about packing for a holiday is how much room beach towels take up. My prayers have been answered with these lightweight towels. I’m a little bit in love. I’ll be writing up a full post about what’s in my suitcase in a few days.

Mr H and I are off to Manchester on Saturday for a little date day to celebrate our anniversary, 12 years this month with my handsome and goofy Mr H – he makes our little family laugh so much. We are celebrating by eating street food (our favourite kind), drinking cocktails and maybe a slice of cake. No trip to Manchester could be so without a little visit to Sugar Junction.

And that’s a wrap on this week’s little loves. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments about my friend last week. She is on the mend, its a slow road to recovery but she looks and feels better each day. We received the photo’s this week and it is safe to say that she is so very lucky to be with us today. Have a great weekend little loves crew.

I have added this post to Morgana’s #LittleLoves over on her blog Coffee, Work, Sleep, Repeat.

1. 21st July 2017 / 6:10 am

Happy summer holidays to your son and congratulations on finishing year 1! It’s always feels like such a milestone when a year is completed at school. I think I also need to binge watch Game of Thrones – my husband loves it but I’ve never watched it! #LittleLoves

25th July 2017 / 9:01 am

Aww thank you Helen, he has enjoyed Year 1 so much. I completely agree, a huge milestone. You should definitely try GoT it is a great series

2. 21st July 2017 / 6:52 am

How quickly has Year One flown?! Can’t believe they will be heading into year two, but before that you have a wonderful holiday to go on! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating lovely! Happy Anniversary xx

25th July 2017 / 7:27 am

Oh it really has, crazy really. Thanks so much, we had a lovely weekend. I hope you did too x

3. 21st July 2017 / 10:04 am

I did exactly the same with Game of Thrones last year, I binged on the entire 5 seasons while 6 was on the TV, Glad I did though it’s such a fab show. Happy Anniversary to you both, spending the day in Manchester sounds like the perfect way to celebrate. Have a fun weekend x #WotW

25th July 2017 / 7:26 am

I didn’t think we would but there is so much that we forgot. The weekend was lovely thank you x

4. 21st July 2017 / 4:53 pm

Glad your friend is still doing well. Bet you can’t wait for that trip to Spain! Love all your holiday bits, especially that swimming cossie. Have a great weekend and Happy Anniversary x

25th July 2017 / 7:19 am

Thanks so much. Our trip to Spain will definitely be our highlight this year. Thanks so much, I hope you had a lovely weekend too x

5. 22nd July 2017 / 1:57 pm

Happy 12 years, how lovely. Bet you are counting down the seconds until your holiday too – sounds pure bliss.
    #LittleLoves

25th July 2017 / 7:18 am

Thanks so much Beth. Definitely counting the days and seconds, feels so far away at the minute

6. 22nd July 2017 / 7:24 pm

Nothing quite like a piece of rocky road-my friend makes a mean one! I haven’t watched a single episode of GoT part of me feels like I’m really missing out. Those towels are beautiful and I am so jealous of your upcoming trip-I’ll be stalking you on Instagram and living vicariously through you. Have a great week x

25th July 2017 / 7:18 am

I do love it as a little treat. Although I think I love the PB cookies more. Aww thank you honey, I won’t lie the thought of two weeks is fuelling my 4 weeks in the office x

7. 23rd July 2017 / 6:50 am

I bet the rocky road on the last day of term went down a treat! I hope you have a lovely weekend, especially your Manchester trip.

25th July 2017 / 7:17 am

I think it did, the teachers looked so happy at the end of the day when I took my box back

8. 26th July 2017 / 7:44 am

Loving the sound of those towels, I must look them up and get some for our Turkey trip. I’m so disorganised and haven’t thought about what I’m taking at all!!
    Year One has zoomed past in a blur, it’s crazy to think our babies only have one year left in the infants now! xx