Friendship, Sunshine & Bare Legs #LittleLoves

What a gorgeous weather weekend we had last week. I can’t quite believe the rain, cold and snow during the week though – blooming heck I had a shock when I woke to snow on the ground and such low temperatures. It is safe to say that I am thankful for looking back through my camera roll to see so much fun, laughter and sunshine in my photos. A weekend filled with sunshine, time spent with friends, the giggles from the littles as they ran free and rolled down hills was so infectious. I feel so lucky that through this little online space of mine I have managed to develop some lovely friendships.

And so here are this week’s little loves, its a photo heavy one this week little loves crew…

This months Red Mag made its way through the letterbox right at the perfect moment. This edition is all about what to wear – already I am so excited by the summer fashion hitting the shops, this magazine just adds to my wish to go on a HUGE shopping spree. Please Mr H.

I couldn’t write this little section without a mention for Little Big Lies. We have really enjoyed watching this one develop. I have to say Mr H and I suspected the outcome from the second episode but still it was really difficult to watch. Such a captivating storyline and the cast were fantastic. The final episode was so dramatic, I do hope they make another series – perfect ending for a second series to then follow on from.

We also watched Little Boy Blue. If you haven’t heard of it, its actually a true story played out over 4 episodes about Rhys Jones who was sadly  killed in 2007. If truth be told I am not really sure if I remember it in the news, I tend to shy away from news like this however on watching it I then set about googling the story to see how things truly are for the family and the offenders some 10 years later.

As a family we have been listening to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. George is a huge fan and has been listening to these two songs on repeat – Blue Suede Hooked On A Feeling and Come And Get Your Love. And if you haven’t watched the movie its a must, Vol 2 is out this weekend. I am secretly hoping that we are all off to the cinema to watch it this weekend. Not your usual super hero movie and Chris Pratt is rather handsome.

And lets not forget the laughter, giggles and pure joy from these gorgeous little people as we enjoyed a day in the sunshine at Trentham Gardens. It really is the perfect spot for a little get together. I think you’ll recognise one family, Jenny from Lets Talk Mommy and her gorgeous littles. And then the lovely Chloe from Picture Taker Memory Maker joined us towards the end of the day with her gorgeous three girls. Trentham never disappoints.

Mr H has been in the kitchen this week, I think with working such long hours he knows that he has to else I won’t eat. Not great I know but I just get so consumed with work, early starts and late finishes, especially when I know I am attempting to log off from the day job for a few days next week. He served up some yummy food that’s for sure, thank goodness he is the chef in the house.

I love love love this time of year. When I can officially go bare leg without freezing, and the boy of course who even popped his sandals on! The sunglasses came out and life just felt that little bit brighter at the weekend. No layers and of course the sunshine on my face. There is nothing quite like the feeling of spring, although that very quickly changed on Monday and Tuesday when snow arrived, what the blooming heck happened there. Such a contrast from the weekend. I have updated the blog with a little post all about my love for pleated skirts, if you fancy a snoop do pop over.

Today (which is Friday for those of you who are reading this later in the week) is my last day at the office. We are off to Pembrokeshire in Wales to have ourselves some free range fun. Despite extending the bank holiday Mr H and I are both in desperate need of a little break, lots of wine, good food (predominantly fish & chips and BBQ food) and family time. I hope you have a super bank holiday weekend little loves crew and I shall see you next week all the way from Wales.

I have added this post to Morgana’s #LittleLoves over on her blog Coffee Work Sleep Repeat.

1. Chantelle Hazelden
    28th April 2017 / 6:19 am

I adore pleated skirts! My hubby bought me that soundtrack for Mother’s day, love the old songs, can’t wait to see the next film #littleloves

2. 28th April 2017 / 3:46 pm

It was such a wonderful day in the sunshine at Trentham wasn’t it? I loved how well all the children played together – their giggles were definitely contagious. Big Little Lies has been on my ‘must-watch’ list for weeks now, along with 13 Reasons Why – I’m hoping to get started on them both soon. Hope you have a lovely time in Wales -looking forward to seeing/reading all about it on IG and your blog 🙂

3. 28th April 2017 / 7:45 pm

Love all your Trentham pictures and what a difference the weekend was compared to how cold it has been in the week. The meals Mr H cooks always look so yummy.and hurrah for husbands who like to cook (mine is similar thank goodness). Have a wonderful few days in Wales #littleloves x

30th April 2017 / 11:25 am

You can’t beat a day at Trentham, thank goodness he looks after me, I wouldn’t wat! Thanks so much we’re really looking forward to it x

4. 28th April 2017 / 8:11 pm

Your photos of the kids at Trentham are gorgeous! You’ve certainly had some weird weather up there this week that’s for sure. Rather jealous of your trip to Pembrokeshire, it’s meant to be so beautiful there. Hope you have a wonderful time x

30th April 2017 / 11:14 am

Oh the weather has been so odd this week, I really hope the sun shines in Pembrokeshire, we are all so excited x

5. 29th April 2017 / 6:42 am

Such awesome photos from Trentham! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I really need to visit Trentham Gardens – we’re not too far away and I’ve never been. Pleated skirts are just so beautiful and suit you so well. I wish I could wear them but unfortunately my bum is just too big haha! Have an amazing time in Wales x

30th April 2017 / 11:09 am

It really is a great day out, I can’t complain about it at all x

6. 29th April 2017 / 8:37 am

Ahhh thanks for the mention and sharing the kiddos here in your beautiful space online. The boys had a blast. That one of them before doing rolly pollies is my absolutely favorite one of them. So amazing. I will be writing solely on trentham gardens soon and sharing the kids adventures. It’s such a beautiful place in the world. Glad I live close enough to enjoy it with a friend. Love that skirt on you. Enjoy your time off. Eat and drink and be merry! Soak it up babes you deserve it.

30th April 2017 / 10:52 am

You are so welcome, it was lovely to see you and enjoy some time together x

7. 29th April 2017 / 9:11 am

Love Lil G’s Saltwater sandals! SO cute!! Its been so chilly here this week I have had to cover my ankles up! Cant wait to get them back out again. Have a wonderful break away! xx

30th April 2017 / 10:48 am

They’re the cutest and called shark sandals too which he loves. Oh its been freezing here, fingers crossed for some sunshine x

8. 29th April 2017 / 6:25 pm

All your photos are so gorgeous! Your pleated skirt is gorgeous, I would love one but they really don’t suit me, which is something that upsets me on a regular basis haha!! I hope you have a lovely weekend! xx

30th April 2017 / 10:47 am

Thanks so much! They definitely are one you love or dislike x

9. 1st May 2017 / 5:26 pm

I love Trentham Gardens and your photos are just gorgeous! That food has my mouth watering, it looks amazing. Hope you’re enjoying the bank holiday x #LittleLoves

2nd May 2017 / 5:32 am

Its just the perfect spot, we are so lucky to have it on our doorstep. We are away for a few days so its perfect. I hope you had a lovely long weekend x

10. 1st May 2017 / 8:39 pm

I always feel that little bit colder when I travel to Staffordshire but am still surprised that snow has called in on your area. Hope you are having a lovely break away with your family. #littleloves

2nd May 2017 / 5:30 am

Oh really? I think the sun shines here so much but then as we live here I could just be used to it! Have a great week x

11. 1st May 2017 / 8:52 pm

Big Little Lies is on my ever growing list of things to watch, it seems its been a real hit. How lovely you get to meet up with people close by and trentham gardens always looks beautiful. Mr H’s food looks fabulous. My hubby used to do all the cooking as i worked late but since being on maternity leave its been down to me and i’m not so inventive. Hope you have a fabulous time at Bluestone, I’m pretty jealous but am loving recognising it all in your insta stories x

2nd May 2017 / 5:22 am

It really has been a great series, I wish I had seen the previous ones. We may have to watch them back. I hope you have some nice weather this week honey x

12. 4th May 2017 / 8:49 am

Oh he’s a keeper with food like that your Mr H! Yum!
    What a beautiful day you guys had at Trentham Gardens, I love it there.
    Hope you’re having a wonderful family holiday xx

7th May 2017 / 3:34 pm

Oh we did have a gorgeous weather day and opportunity to meet online friends again is always a lovely way to spend the day x