A little sunshine in February

Sunshine in my pocket. This boy, his smile and his bobble hat really do fill my mummy heart with so much joy. After a long week at the office I was willing Friday to arrive, our mummy and son day, my only day with this little cutie during his half-term holidays. What a beautiful day we had. It didn’t quite go as planned, after packing the car with a picnic, wellie boots and our winter woollies I drove off to see my travel mug flying off the roof of my car and my hopes of a caffeine fuelled journey were slashed.

We had huge plans for the day which were sadly wiped out due to blooming Doris and the mess she left behind the day before. Thankfully we had a plan B and always make sure our gorgeous boy is happy with it, its a trick I have developed over time as truly there is nothing like a sad face on a little person. We jumped in muddy puddles, squelched in the mud, climbed over log piles and collected sticks.

I’ve said this before and I am sure I will say it again but there is nothing I love more than a mummy and son day. Our family days are of course so special and my favourite of all but there is something so special, which I can’t quite put my finger on about my time with this little cutie. Takes me right back to those first few months together, maternity leave really is a wonderful time. I miss those days.

This boy, he has the biggest heart, he’s just so easy, so laid back – he loves an adventure, often his first choice but equally he enjoys a day at home. Simple pleasures filled with ordinary moments like jumping in muddle puddles or cuddling up on the sofa in our pyjamas.  The laughter, the bobble hats, the stick hunting and that moment when he reached out for my hand and led the way into the woods hunting for bears.

Friday, our mummy and son day was pretty special, the sun shone and for the big finale we enjoyed a little huge monster milkshake. Our hearts filled with adventure and our bellies filled with sugar. Here are a few photos from our day together…

I have added this post to Katies #OrdinaryMoments and Donna’s #LivingArrows.

1. 26th February 2017 / 8:25 am

Those milkshakes are insane and wonderful – and I need to work out where they make them around near me!!! It looks like you had a wonderful day out despite Doris, especially the muddy puddle!

26th February 2017 / 5:01 pm

They are beyond tasty. Definitely a little treat, not for the faint heartened. x

2. 26th February 2017 / 8:46 am

Looks like a lovely day out and I adore his outfit x #ordinarymoments

3. 26th February 2017 / 9:15 am

Doris didn’t really affect us down south but i know we were quite fortunate, that photo of him in the squelchy bog (!!) #TheOrdinaryMoments

26th February 2017 / 4:58 pm

Oh really, you were lucky, I still feel like we are feeling the effects even now (on Sunday). He loved squelching through the mud x

26th February 2017 / 4:50 pm

He struggled to finish his!

4. 27th February 2017 / 2:38 pm

What a gorgeous set of pictures! It looks like a great day #livingarrows

5. 27th February 2017 / 6:50 pm

Oh I love this. His bobble hat and yellow gilet make me so happy. He is the picture of spring and I love that he didn’t mind the different plan – it’s a great idea to run the plan B past them – definitely saves that sad face! x

6. 27th February 2017 / 8:04 pm

Those milkshakes-oh my goodness! Georges outfits are almost as cool as yours always are-he looks so cool and Always so happy. Although not to plan your day sounds pretty damn good! X

7. 28th February 2017 / 5:22 pm

Gorgeous photos and what a lovely day out. #theordinarymoments

8. 1st March 2017 / 3:35 pm

Beautiful photos – it looks like you had a gorgeous day for it! I love his cheeky face, and his yellow gilet and bobble hat combo is so cheery! And that milkshake looks absolutely awesome! #LivingArrows

9. 3rd March 2017 / 9:22 pm

What a beautiful set of pictures! You can’t beat a fun day jumping in puddles. The milkshake looks amazing! It looks like you had a good day despite the bad start! Hope your car didn’t end up covered in too much coffee!x #Livingarrows

10th March 2017 / 10:59 pm

We really did, who doesn’t love a muddy walk

10. 6th March 2017 / 10:16 am

What gorgeous photos (as always) Kerri-Ann. I love G’s bright colours. Ollie always has to have sticks in his hands when outside.

10th March 2017 / 10:46 pm

Aww thank you Gemma that means a lot. I love that he always finds a stick

11. 15th March 2017 / 1:48 pm

What beautiful pictures. Your little man is very handsome. What child wouldn’t love the thought of getting to splash in muddy puddles?

19th March 2017 / 1:39 pm

Aww thanks so much Laura, I think so too but clearly we are bias! Muddy puddles are the best when you’re 5!